At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Oxygen radical scavengers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 20 Feb 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)
- 20 Feb 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hyperlipidaemia in USA (Unknown route)