RaxofelastAlternative Names: IRFI 016
Latest Information Update: 04 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator Biomedica Foscama
- Class Benzofurans; Benzopyrans; Expectorants
- Mechanism of Action Free radical scavengers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Atherosclerosis; Diabetic complications
Most Recent Events
- 25 Oct 2005 This compound is still in active development
- 27 Jun 2001 Phase-II clinical trials for Atherosclerosis in United Kingdom (PO)
- 27 Jun 2001 Phase-II clinical trials for Atherosclerosis in Italy (PO)