At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Developer AstraZeneca; Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antipsychotics
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D2 receptor antagonists; Dopamine D3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Psychotic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Psychotic disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 18 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Psychotic disorders in Sweden (Unknown route)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed