ACO 253Alternative Names: AC 253; Antam; GG 747; GR 1150747A
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 1997
At a glance
- Originator Amylin Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Islet amyloid polypeptide inhibitors; Islet amyloid polypeptide stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 24 Feb 1997 Discontinued-I for Obesity in USA (Unknown route)
- 24 Feb 1997 Discontinued-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (SC)
- 13 Nov 1995 Phase-I clinical trials for Obesity in USA (Unknown route)