At a glance
- Originator IVAX Drug Research Institute
- Class Antiemetics; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Muscarinic M3 receptor antagonists; Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cognition disorders; Nausea and vomiting
Most Recent Events
- 26 Oct 1999 IVAX Corporation has acquired the Institute for Drug Research