At a glance
- Originator sigma-tau SpA
- Developer Tanabe Seiyaku
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cerebral infarction; CNS disorders; Cognition disorders
Most Recent Events
- 18 Apr 2002 Phase-II clinical trials in Cerebral infarction in Japan (PO)
- 28 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Cerebral infarction in Japan (PO)
- 20 Dec 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for Cerebral infarction in Japan (PO)