At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cognition disorders; Epilepsy; Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jan 1997 Discontinued-Preclinical for Epilepsy in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Jan 1997 Discontinued-Preclinical for Neuroprotection in USA (unspecified route)
- 09 Dec 1996 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in USA (unspecified route)