At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Thymidine kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Aug 1995 New profile
- 20 Mar 1995 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 10 Oct 1994 Preclinical development for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Unknown route)