EmakalimAlternative Names: EMD 56431
Latest Information Update: 31 Jan 2001
At a glance
- Originator Merck KGaA
- Class Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Antihypertensives; Small molecules; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypertension; Ischaemic heart disorders
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in Germany (Unknown route)
- 31 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Ischaemic heart disorders in Germany (Unknown route)
- 12 Nov 1997 Investigation in Hypertension in Germany (Unknown route)