At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca R&D Charnwood
- Class Antihypertensives; Heart failure therapies; Small molecules; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action ACE inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acute heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed.
- 11 Jun 1997 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in United Kingdom (IV)
- 11 Jun 1997 No-Development-Reported for Acute heart failure in United Kingdom (IV)