At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glycine NMDA-associated antagonists; NMDA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Epilepsy; Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 26 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Epilepsy in United Kingdom (PO)
- 26 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Epilepsy in USA (PO)
- 26 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Neuroprotection in USA (PO)