ZD 2138Alternative Names: ICI D 2138
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Pyrans; Quinolones
- Mechanism of Action 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Zeneca and Astra to form AstraZeneca completed
- 25 Mar 1999 No-Development-Reported for Rheumatoid arthritis in Japan (PO)
- 25 Mar 1999 No-Development-Reported for Asthma in Japan (PO)