DalcotidineAlternative Names: KU 1257
Latest Information Update: 04 Sep 1997
At a glance
- Originator Kyorin Pharmaceutical
- Class Antihistamines; Antiulcers; Cytoprotectives; Gastric antisecretories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Duodenal ulcer; Gastric ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 04 Sep 1997 KU 1257 is called dalcotidine
- 08 Jul 1996 Discontinued-III for Duodenal ulcer in Japan (PO)
- 08 Jul 1996 Discontinued-III for Gastric ulcer in Japan (PO)