CefozopranAlternative Names: Firstcin; SCE 2787
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Takeda
- Developer Takeda; Wyeth K.K.
- Class Antibacterials; Cephalosporins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Bacterial infections; Bacterial meningitis; Paediatric infections; Pneumonia
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2003 Wyeth-Lederle Japan is now called Wyeth K.K.
- 13 Oct 2000 Discontinued-II for Bacterial infections in Germany (IV-injection)
- 13 Oct 2000 Launched for Bacterial meningitis in Japan (IV-injection)
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Trial Landscape
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Related Safety Reports
- Scientific Summary
- Development History