CetefloxacinAlternative Names: E 4868
Latest Information Update: 07 Oct 1998
At a glance
- Originator Esteve
- Class Antibacterials; Fluoroquinolones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase IV inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 07 Oct 1998 Suspended-I for Bacterial infections in European Union (PO)
- 07 Oct 1998 Suspended-Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (PO)
- 15 May 1997 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in USA (PO)