Latest Information Update: 27 Apr 2005
At a glance
- Originator Celltech Group
- Class Antibacterials; Antimalarials; Antiseptics; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Immunosuppressants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Malaria; Sepsis
Most Recent Events
- 27 Apr 2005 Celltech Group has since been acquired by UCB.
- 28 Aug 1997 Discontinued-II for Malaria in Gambia (IV)
- 26 Apr 1995 Discontinued-II for Sepsis in United Kingdom (IV)
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Scientific Summary
- Development History