DalvastatinAlternative Names: Delvastatin; RG 12561
Latest Information Update: 28 Sep 1995
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Cyclohexanes; Lactones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 28 Sep 1995 Discontinued-III for Hypercholesterolaemia in European Union (Unknown route)
- 28 Sep 1995 Discontinued-III for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)