Latest Information Update: 13 Feb 1995
At a glance
- Originator Gliatech (CEASED)
- Developer Gliatech (CEASED); Janssen L.P.
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein precursor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 13 Feb 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)