RO 316840Alternative Names: 2' BFddC; F DDC; Fluoro DDC; Fluoro-DDCYD
Latest Information Update: 14 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Roche
- Class Antiretrovirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis B; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 Oct 1999 No-Development-Reported for Hepatitis B in USA (Unknown route)
- 29 Oct 1999 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 17 Nov 1994 Preclinical development for Hepatitis B in USA (Unknown route)