At a glance
- Originator Gliatech (CEASED)
- Developer Gliatech (CEASED); Nonindustrial source
- Class Antihistamines; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics; Sleep disorder therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Narcolepsy
Most Recent Events
- 22 Dec 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Narcolepsy in USA (PO)
- 22 Dec 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (PO)
- 25 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (PO)