TiapafantAlternative Names: PCA 4248
Latest Information Update: 23 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Alter
- Class Antiasthmatics; Antithrombotics
- Mechanism of Action Platelet activating factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Cerebral ischaemia; Heart transplant rejection; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Septic shock
Most Recent Events
- 06 Nov 1996 Investigation in Heart transplant rejection in Spain (Unknown route)
- 06 Nov 1996 Investigation in Inflammatory bowel disease in Spain (Unknown route)
- 06 Nov 1996 Investigation in Cerebral ischaemia in Spain (Unknown route)