At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Antiasthmatics; Bronchodilators; Muscle relaxants
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel agonists; Type 3 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Asthma in European Union (Unknown route)
- 07 Mar 1997 Novartis is developing SCA 40 in the European Union
- 09 Feb 1996 Preclinical development for Asthma in European Union (Unknown route)