At a glance
- Originator Toyama Chemical
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Neurotransmitter stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; Glaucoma
Most Recent Events
- 01 Jul 2008 Toyama Chemical has been acquired by FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation
- 27 Jun 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Jun 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Glaucoma in Japan (unspecified route)