OpipramolAlternative Names: Ensidon; G 33040; Insidon; Nisidana
Latest Information Update: 05 May 2015
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Developer Novartis; Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Class Dibenzazepines; Small molecules; Tricyclic antidepressants
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D2 receptor antagonists; Histamine H1 receptor antagonists; Opioid receptor agonists; Serotonin 2 receptor antagonists; Sigma-1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Major depressive disorder
- No development reported Generalised anxiety disorder; Somatoform disorders