SepimostatAlternative Names: FUT 187; TO 187
Latest Information Update: 20 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator Taiho Pharmaceutical; Torii Pharmaceutical
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiulcers; Benzoic acids
- Mechanism of Action Peptide hydrolase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pancreatitis; Reflux oesophagitis
Most Recent Events
- 18 Dec 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 08 Sep 1997 A study has been added to the pharmacokinetics section, to the Digestive System Disorders pharmacodynamics and Peptic Ulcer Disease therapeutic trials sections
- 05 Sep 1997 Sepimostat is being investigated for use in pancreatitis