ZD 8731Alternative Names: ICI D 8731
Latest Information Update: 06 Sep 2000
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic cardiomyopathy; Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 06 Sep 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Diabetic cardiomyopathy in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Zeneca and Astra to form AstraZeneca completed
- 16 Nov 1998 No-Development-Reported for Diabetic cardiomyopathy in United Kingdom (Unknown route)