ForopafantAlternative Names: SR 27417; SR 27417A
Latest Information Update: 31 Oct 1999
At a glance
- Originator Sanofi-Synthelabo
- Class Antiasthmatics
- Mechanism of Action Platelet activating factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Oct 1999 Discontinued-I for Thrombosis in France (Unknown route)
- 31 Oct 1999 Discontinued-II for Asthma in Japan (Unknown route)
- 31 Oct 1999 Discontinued-III for Asthma in USA (Unknown route)