At a glance
- Originator National Institutes of Health (USA); Oclassen Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Eli Lilly; National Institutes of Health (USA); Oclassen Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis B
Most Recent Events
- 10 Jan 2001 Discontinued-II for Hepatitis B in USA (PO)
- 04 Sep 1998 Suspended-II for Hepatitis B in USA (PO)
- 08 Nov 1995 A clinical study has been added to the adverse events section .