MinopafantAlternative Names: E 5880
Latest Information Update: 17 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Eisai Co Ltd
- Class Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Antiplatelets
- Mechanism of Action Platelet activating factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Disseminated intravascular coagulation
Most Recent Events
- 10 Feb 2000 Discontinued-II for Disseminated intravascular coagulation in Japan (Injection)
- 25 Jan 1999 E 5880 is now called minopafant (INN)
- 18 Aug 1997 No-Development-Reported for Asthma in Japan (Unknown route)