NerispirdineAlternative Names: HP-184
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Indoles; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics; Pyridines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholine stimulants; Cholinergic receptor agonists; Potassium channel antagonists; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cognition disorders; Multiple sclerosis; Spinal cord injuries
Most Recent Events
- 01 Mar 2010 sanofi-aventis completes a phase IIb trial in Multiple sclerosis in USA, EU and Canada
- 01 Dec 2008 Phase-II clinical trials in Multiple sclerosis in Canada (PO)
- 01 Dec 2008 Phase-II clinical trials in Multiple sclerosis in USA (PO)