MEDI 491Alternative Names: B19 parvovirus vaccine; Recombinant baculovirus-expressed B19 parvovirus virus-like particle vaccine - MedImmune/NHLBI; Recombinant baculovirus-expressed B19 parvovirus VLP vaccine - MedImmune/NHLBI
Latest Information Update: 21 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute; National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Developer Chiron Corporation; MedImmune; National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Class Viral vaccines; Virus-like particle vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parvovirus infections