Hepatitis C vaccine - Chiron/CSLAlternative Names: HCV/ISCOMATRIX
Latest Information Update: 20 Apr 2010
At a glance
- Originator CSL; Novartis
- Class Hepatitis C vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 20 Apr 2006 Chiron Corporation has been acquired and merged into Novartis
- 28 Sep 2004 Phase-II clinical trials in Hepatitis C in Australia (unspecified route)
- 03 Nov 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Hepatitis C in Australia (unspecified route)