At a glance
- Originator Shionogi
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Antihypertensives; Neuroprotectants; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy; Hypertension; Ischaemic heart disorders; Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 1998 Discontinued-II for Hypertension in Japan (PO)
- 30 Jun 1998 Discontinued-II for Neuroprotection in Japan (Unknown route)
- 30 Jun 1998 Discontinued-I for Epilepsy in Japan (Unknown route)