MelevodopaAlternative Names: L-dopa-methylester; LDME; Levodopa-methylester; Levomet
Latest Information Update: 07 Feb 2000
At a glance
- Originator Chiesi
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Aromatic amino acids; Catecholamines; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 07 Feb 2000 Launched for Parkinson's disease in Italy (PO)
- 02 Sep 1999 Registered for Parkinson's disease in Italy (PO)
- 28 Jan 1997 Preregistration for Parkinson's disease in Italy (PO)