Latest Information Update: 17 Apr 2001
At a glance
- Originator Questcor Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neurological disorders; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 17 Apr 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Neurological disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 17 Apr 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Stroke in USA (Unknown route)
- 20 Dec 1999 Cypros Pharmaceutical has merged with RiboGene to form Questcor Pharmaceuticals