BervastatinAlternative Names: LS 2904
Latest Information Update: 14 Apr 1999
At a glance
- Originator Merck Sante
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors; Thromboxane A2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 14 Apr 1999 Bervastatin now appears to be in development with Merck KGaA
- 11 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Hyperlipidaemia in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 08 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Hyperlipidaemia in France (Unknown route)