ZD 6888Alternative Names: D 6888; ICI D 6888
Latest Information Update: 07 Apr 1999
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antihypertensives; Biphenyl compounds; Quinolines; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Zeneca and Astra to form AstraZeneca completed
- 15 Feb 1995 Discontinued-I for Hypertension in United Kingdom (Unknown route)