At a glance
- Originator Rega Institute for Medical Research
- Developer Nonindustrial source; Rega Institute for Medical Research
- Class Antivirals; Purines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer; Cytomegalovirus infections; Epstein-Barr virus infections; Hepatitis B; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jul 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 30 Mar 1997 Preclinical development for Cancer in Czech Republic (Unknown route)
- 12 Aug 1996 Preclinical development for Cytomegalovirus infections in Belgium (Unknown route)