AblukastAlternative Names: RO 233544
Latest Information Update: 30 Aug 2002
At a glance
- Originator Roche
- Class Antiasthmatics; Benzopyrans
- Mechanism of Action Leukotriene D4 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Skin disorders
Most Recent Events
- 29 May 1996 Discontinued-II for Inflammatory bowel disease in Switzerland (Unknown route)
- 29 May 1996 Discontinued-III for Inflammatory bowel disease in USA (Unknown route)