At a glance
- Originator AH Robins
- Class Analgesics; Antipyretics; Antirheumatics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jul 1995 Pain has been added to the defined services.
- 20 Feb 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Pain in USA (Unknown route)
- 20 Feb 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Inflammation in USA (Unknown route)