At a glance
- Originator sigma-tau SpA
- Class Basic amino acids; Hypoxanthines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Chemoprotection
Most Recent Events
- 05 Dec 2000 No-Development-Reported for Chemotherapy induced damage/Chemoprotection in Italy (Unknown route)
- 05 Dec 2000 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Italy (Unknown route)
- 22 Feb 1995 Preclinical development for Chemotherapy induced damage/Chemoprotection in Italy (Unknown route)