BCX 5Alternative Names: CI 1000; PD 141955
Latest Information Update: 28 Jun 1999
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Developer BioCryst Pharmaceuticals; Pfizer
- Mechanism of Action Purine nucleoside phosphorylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Transplant rejection
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jun 1999 Discontinued-I for Transplant rejection in USA (Unknown route)
- 22 Jan 1996 Phase-I clinical trials for Transplant rejection in USA (Unknown route)