CS 92Alternative Names: AzddMeC; Azidodideoxymethylcytidine
Latest Information Update: 12 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator Emory University; University of Georgia
- Developer Triangle Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiretrovirals; Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 27 Apr 1998 Suspended-II for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 12 Dec 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)