RaluridineAlternative Names: 935U83; BW935U83; FCU
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 1999
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiretrovirals; Deoxyribonucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-II for HIV infections treatment in USA (PO)
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-I for HIV infections treatment in Spain (PO)
- 26 Feb 1997 A phase I study has been added to the pharmacokinetic section