At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiretrovirals
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 02 Nov 1995 A study was added to the pharmacokinetics, and viral infections antimicrobial activity and pharmacodynamics sections
- 02 Nov 1995 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in United Kingdom (Unknown route)