Latest Information Update: 29 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Anions; Antiretrovirals; Inorganic chemicals
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made