MitoguazoneAlternative Names: Methyl-G; Methyl-GAG; MGBG; Mitoguazone dihydrochloride; NSC 32946; Zyrkamine
Latest Information Update: 13 Nov 1998
At a glance
- Originator Cancer Therapy and Research Center
- Class Antineoplastics; Guanidines
- Mechanism of Action Adenosylmethionine decarboxylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma; Non-small cell lung cancer; Pancreatic cancer; Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 13 Nov 1998 Discontinued-preregistration for Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in USA (IV)
- 13 Nov 1998 Discontinued-Clinical for Prostate cancer in USA (IV)
- 13 Nov 1998 Discontinued-II for Non-small cell lung cancer in USA (IV)