SaprisartanAlternative Names: GR 138950
Latest Information Update: 22 May 1997
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antihypertensives; Heart failure therapies
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin type 1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 1997 Discontinued-II for Hypertension in United Kingdom (PO)
- 05 Sep 1995 A study has been added to the pharmacodynamics section
- 10 Aug 1995 GR 138950 is now called saprisartan