ZanoteroneAlternative Names: WIN 49596
Latest Information Update: 06 Aug 2002
At a glance
- Originator Eastman Kodak; Sanofi Winthrop
- Class Antiandrogens; Antineoplastics; Hormones
- Mechanism of Action Testosterone congener inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Benign prostatic hyperplasia; Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 27 Aug 1999 Sanofi and Synthélabo have merged to form Sanofi-Synthélabo
- 02 Mar 1998 Phase-II clinical trials for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (PO)
- 24 Feb 1998 No-Development-Reported for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (PO)