AzaquinoneAlternative Names: BM 40501; Gangamicin
Latest Information Update: 15 Feb 1996
At a glance
- Originator Research Corporation Technologies
- Class Antibacterials; Antituberculars
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Mycobacterium avium complex infections; Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Feb 1996 Belmac is now known as Bentley Pharmaceuticals.
- 17 May 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Mycobacterium avium complex infections in USA (PO)
- 16 May 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Tuberculosis in USA (PO)